WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The rotational assignments that make up the core of the IPP will give you a broad yet detailed introduction to the bank. Moreover, your time in a Resident Office will see you involved in ground-breaking projects in environments few financial professionals ever get to experience.
Whichever area you join and whichever Resident Office your international placement takes you to, you will undertake a wide variety of tasks. These could include:
- providing the financial analyses and cash-flow projections that underpin project development
- researching companies and sectors in our countries of operations
- drafting critical documents and correspondence
- monitoring and analysing local currency markets for new issue opportunities
- developing local market infrastructure
- marketing the EBRD’s brand
- helping management develop and maintain effective relationships with donor agencies
- assisting political counsellors in monitoring and analysing political developments
- providing written and analytical input to internal documents.
Throughout, you will work to an individual training plan under the guidance of an IPP manager and mentor. Development is not solely consigned to practical learning though. Regularly scheduled networking events will also help you build an invaluable base of contacts for your future career.